During the last couple of weeks I’ve been working on getting a central directory setup for my client, running on OpenLDAP 2.4. Not having worked with LDAP a lot before it proved quite a challenge, especially getting Solaris 10 to work with the LDAP server without any glitches.
In this document I’ll try and describe how this setup was made, because I have been unable to find a single consistent document describing all the intricate details.
At this time I have all my problems fixed (AFAIK), but during the setup phase I experienced various problems:
- Solaris 10 not seeing any users from LDAP
- Solaris seeing users, but not letting them log in
- Log-in working from console, but not ssh
- Passwordless login (pubkey) not working in SUN-SSH
- Users being able to hack extra permissions for themselves
- etc…. etc….etc…
The entire article has been moved to a more permanent location, as a page on this site. You can find it under the ‘Pages’ header on the right. Setting up ldap